Monday, January 24, 2011

love redefined

God’s love is more than enough to handle my fear, its issue of trust. Letting go essentially! Love is a subject I've struggled with constantly, it is still being redefined. It is even tattooed on my ankle. Love as a child and growing up in an abusive/manipulative home was conditional. I had to impress to be loved. Contrary to the lie of love I was taught- God's love is UNCONDITIONAL. God's love is faithful, true and everlasting, far deeper than any love I could imagine!

1 John 4:18 “There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.”

God has proved to be faithful in my life in numerous circumstances providing things I needed, not on my time but his. Yet I fear in my current situation. My knee should have healed enough to warrant not using crutches and shouldn't still be swelling as bad. If it doesn't heal surgery is necessary, which brings about fear. I've been telling God no! No I won’t allow surgery, No I'm independent, No you can't do that and I don't have time for this. God makes time- surprise! I'm certainly not on my time anyways- it's all his. Regarding my knee I must ask- Is this fear valid? God is love?!  Perfect love cast out all fear right?!? So what is this fear?!?  A result of not letting go…his love is more than enough to triumph my fears.

His love is agape. Agape is as my bible defines "undefeatable, benevolence, and unconquerable goodwill that seeks the highest of the other person no matter what he does..." It is also everlasting. God's love today is the same love that held Job in his times of despair. His love is also truth.

John 8:32 "You shall know the truth and it shall set you free" The truth this verse is referring to is God.

I’m certain there is much more to his love I have yet to discover. It started with truth then faithfulness and trust. In psalm 25:4-5 David prayed for God to teach and show him truth. (I pray this for my own life)

Psalm 25:4-5 “show me your ways, O Lord; teach me in your paths. Lead me in your truth and teach me, for you are the God of my salvation; on you I wait all the day.”

No comments:

Post a Comment